Monday, November 27, 2017

Week 9

2 months he's been out. It seems fast, but slow all at the same time. Missing home because of the holidays, but he seems to be enjoying his area. He's adjusting, even if it's slowly! The usb port on the computer he was on didn't work, so no pictures again! Thankfully Elder Smith's mom sent me one :)

"This week has been a little  rough. Especially since it is the holidays and I want so badly to be home celebrating with all of you. We have a baptism this Saturday with one of the kids that they were teaching before I got here. We also still have teaching appointments everyday, even though a lot of times the people are not there in their homes and or they are busy. It is a lot of walking all day long and I wish that we had bicycles. My shoes get so dusty and dirty and I cant even imagine what they will look like in a year or two years. I do kind of like walking out to the far houses because we can take the shortcut and we get to walk by all of the fields and plants and trees which always makes me feel a little better. 

Today for pday we didn't do a whole lot. We went to the other apartment with our district, and then I just talked with elder smith, and we went and kind of explored around the city a little bit. He showed me a little artisan shop where a lady makes badges and little cool things. I got a cool little money pouch for my belt with a button that says usa, and also a leather bookmark with some peruvian design. Other than that everyday is pretty much the same.

Spanish is hard. the ward is pretty small, and no one can play the piano, and the people can not really sing at all. The people seem nice even though I cant really understand everything they say. 

  It is so awesome to see the pictures from wrestling, and I miss it so much. That is so awesome that Andrew won his first match just like me. I didn't win any others on varsity though, so hopefully he will. Also it is exciting to see that Austin is almost done with his papers. I remember thinking that it would be bummer if I went to the states but now that i'm here, I realize that it would be so nice. I am excited also to see how Eli does in wrestling, he will have to try a little tournament this year. It sounds like Emma is doing pretty good with volleyball too. I love to see all of the pictures and to get all of the emails every week since i miss you all so much. Love you guys, Ethan."
Ethan's district

No comments:

Post a Comment