Monday, January 8, 2018

Week 15

I loved Ethan's letter this week. It was good to see he hasn't lost his creative way of thinking. I love how he found a way to heat up some water. I also love that he is always thinking of little kids. He has always had such a way with them. I think it's one of his many talents that he may not realize. I feel like it will be a blessing to him on his mission. He still sounds a bit homesick, but we know he can do hard things and we know there is an army of people praying for him.


"Hi how is it going at home. This week was pretty similar to the other weeks. It was pretty rough but I will just talk about the things that happened. We still have a lot of walking, and it is kind of disappointing when we walk for a long time and then the people are not there, and we have to walk all the way back to other lessons. I wish That we could have bikes or cars or something like other missions. I also wish that we could cook our own food. I am so tired of eating rice with chicken everyday. I did cook some water the other day for those hot chocolate packets that you sent. I flipped our iron upside down and used a soda can with water. 

We did go out to that field again to visit him and I got bit by some mosquitoes. We had a service with one of our investigators Juan. We went out to his field and helped him to pick a bunch of beans. I will send a picture of`that. It was pretty fun. Other than that not much is new.


 I also wondered if you could find a bag of marbles to hand out to the kids. they all play in the streets and all have those simple clear ones with the swirl and I try to keep some that I find while walking to give to them and they love it. 

You should look at pictures of chota and chachapoyas too I here it is really awesome there. also there id a little artisan lady here I want to send some things home how do i do that? Also do you want little wallet things or some jewelry 

 We played soccer again today for pday and i found a jar of peanut butter in one of the bigger stores in chiclayo. My spanish I think is getting better and there are certain times i think i kind of think in Spanish. Hopefully I will be fluent soon. A funny word in spanish that dad might laugh at is maybe. The word is quizas and when you say it, it is pronounced the same as kiss a··. hopefully everything is good at home. I miss it quite a bit ,but I am trying to be happy. It it just really hard some days.

I love you guys, con amor, Elder Lamb"

Bean picking for service. I wonder what kind? Ethan didn't say.

Ethan's way of heating water, so he could make hot chocolate. He's always been brilliant at coming up with ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment