Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Week 4 - A Tour of Lima

One month down! It has gone fast (at least for us). It looks like Ethan was able to go on a tour of Lima this past week. He sent us back some pictures. He's been busy learning Spanish and is really ready to get to Chiclayo.

"Hi I hope that everything is going alright back at home. These weeks are pretty similar so I don't have a whole lot of new things to write about. Spanish is alright it is coming along pretty good. I was able to do a one of our practice lessons last week with no notes. I am ready to get out into the field in chiclayo and I hope that time will pass quicker, because two years seems so long to be away. The new missionaries are pretty nice, and they all still have a lot of learning to do. One of the new missionaries was from our stake, Elder Brightman. He went to mission prep and I sort of remember him. On Saturday we get to go out in Lima and do proselyting for a couple of hours, so I have a lot of Spanish to practice over the next couple of days.
   
 The other day I saw a star for the first time, which was pretty crazy. I hope that Chiclayo is not so polluted. There was also a little earthquake tremor that I thought was pretty cool, even though it was only about 30 seconds. Today the temple is still closed for cleaning so we went on a tour of Lima which was pretty cool, and I got a lot of pictures. The rest of today is pretty empty which will be nice to have a break. Hopefully everyone is doing alright at home. Thanks for all of the emails, it is fun to get them.
Lots of the people here are pretty short and small. The workers are all like 4 foot 6. It's crazy.

I forgot I have never said anything about our district. there is me and my companion, Elder Miller.   Elder Rose from St. George and Elder Stevens from pleasant grove. Elder Norman and Elder Roney are both from Ventura area which was pretty cool. Elder Price from St George with Elder Navarro from the Philipines. And Elder Jardine from New York and Elder Harbertson from Arizona."
Ethan by the ocean in Lima.

Ethan's district at the CCM.

Ethan touring the city of Lima.

Houses on a hill I suppose.

More of the city.



No comments:

Post a Comment